This is a part time position to begin that would evolve into a full time position in the coming months.
LAUFT is looking for a digital-savvy Community Manager to take control of our online voice and build brand awareness and loyalty. The Community Manager will be responsible for aligning all company social media and marketing content to create a strong brand identity. You will be the first point of contact for online fans and followers, thus developing an intimate relationship with the online community.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. You must have an outgoing personality as in-person networking will also be part of the job.
This position reports to the Managing Editor.
Community Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop a content plan.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos.
- Engage with the online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives.
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency.
- Attend networking events or relevant industry workshops.
Community Manager Requirements:
- A degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing or related field may be required.
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is essential.
- Knowledge of Buffer or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- At least two years' experience managing social media platforms.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Superb time management skills.
Salary range is $40,000 - $75,000 depending on experience. LAUFT has an unlimited vacation policy.