Ruby On Rails Programmer
Posted on | by Admin
LAUFT is looking for programmers with a passion for building something amazing.
- Consume feature requests, and provide feedback
- Fix bugs as they are detected
- Deliver features as prioritized by the business side
- HTML and CSS for styling
- HubSpot CRM integrations
The stack we currently use and expect to use for the foreseeable future.
- Ruby on Rails
Different organizations and teams do things differently. While there are different methodologies, this is what has worked and continues to work for us. This is a description of what has worked well for us when building this codebase and data model. Links are provided to other documents that also articulate how we like doing work in the backend. Please ensure that you are on board with this when applying to be a part of this team.
- Ruby on Rails: We stick to the basics as much as possible. There’s been a lot of fads with organizing RoR projects, and we stay away from fads (service-objects, interactors, etc). Fat models and skinny controllers work just fine.
- jQuery: The JS community loves their fads, but we don’t want to rewrite the next shiny thing every 2 years. JQuery works, gets the job done, and is infinitely Google-able.
- ERB: Because HAML, PUG, etc. are fads. We don’t do fads.
- Minitest: Because it’s reliable.
- No rubocop: Because we don’t need code-linters telling us how to write code.
- No domain-driven-design: Because abstractions are generally unnecessary.
- Pretty much anything by Casey Muratori
Salary range is $50,000- $75,000 depending on experience. LAUFT provides an unlimited vacation policy.